Saturday, September 26, 2009

 

Joy

As a viewer of abstract paintings, ask yourself the following questions:
Am I trying to figure out what it looks like or represents rather than allowing something to emerge from what I see in front of me?
What are the elements, colours, and textures of the painting?
How do these interact with each other?
What emotions do the painting evoke?
What is the title of the painting and how is this influencing what I see?
Have I allowed enough time to make a connection with painting?
Joy is that type of painting.
About the Artist
Lloyd bradburyArtful: Bradbury’s brushwork creates impressionistic images—"landscapes, nature, animals and people inspired by his emotional state at the time."
Lloyd Bradbury



Comments:
"Let it emerge" is great advice. And in the process, fall in.
 
These are beautiful guide lines in viewing not only abstract art but all types of art. I will remember them when ever I look at abstract art. Thanks for sharing. Look like you're feeling better.
 
Thanks for dropping by my blog. Praying and hoping your surgery tomorrow goes well. Will be leaving for our Colorado vacation tomorrow.
 
hope you are doing well. Joy is a wonderful painting :) love it!
 
nice painting as usual :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?