Wednesday, December 17, 2008

 

Matisse

"My choice of colors does not rest on any scientific theory; it is based on observation, on sensitivity, on felt experiences. ...I simply try to put down colors which render my sensation ...a moment comes when all the parts [of a painting's composition] have found their definite relationships, and from then on it would be impossible for me to add a stroke to my picture without having to repaint it entirely."
I am a littlw color vlind so my colors are selectected randomly...lloyd

Comments:
Random colors? Wow! You seems to hit them right despite of being a bit color blind. Like your quote on Matisse. I like his style and color too. It's good to talk about cheery colors when the weather is very gloomy. Finally we are having storm and snow on the mountains.
 
I like the intuitive nature of art. It's interesting that science attempts to catch up with intuition!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?