Saturday, March 18, 2006


This plant is Kissable

I bought this plant at Home Deou( Cheapo Depo) on St. Patrick's Day.
This plant can be eaten but carefully.
The leaves contain oxalic acid, which gives them their sharpflavorr.
Perfectly all right in small quantities, the leaves should not be eaten in large amounts since oxalic acid can bind up the body's supply of calcium leading to nutritional deficiency. The quantity of oxalic acid will be reduced if the leaves are cooked. People with a tendency to rheumatism, arthritis, gout, kidney stones orhyperactivityy should take especial caution if including this plant in their diet since it can aggravate their condition.
It grows in Europe, including Britain, from Iceland south and east to Spain, Asia to Japan.
There are small flower that seemyouobloomn inyoutht home all year. When small itmaskedd anoseehousewifelinesst mine gotspinalyfadet. It grows near the edge of forests. So light is importantt. So I am using a grow lamp in a clip on lamp(ch. Total cost @25 dollars for set up. Plant cost 4 dollars.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?